CaregiverAsia is always on the move to expand our suite of Caregiver Support Services to provide the best benefits for our caregivers. As we would like our caregivers to maximize their earning potential, we are launching a two-days training program to equip our caregivers with theoretical and practical skills on Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
How can the training benefit you and the care recipients?
Physical or mental disabilities can restrict a person’s ability to perform personal ADLs. It can be difficult for the new caregiver to undertake these tasks for a loved one. When a friend or family member becomes disabled, the inclination of the family caregiver is to over-care.
Therefore, caregivers like you who can perform ADLs like feeding, dressing, bathing, transferring, toileting and walking will ensure the safety of care recipients and prevent caregiver burnout among the family members. You will get to experience both theory and practical training (from transferring, bathing and toileting) to upgrade yourself and learn ADLs within a short span of time. Upon completion of the training, you will receive a Statement of Achievement (SOA) issued by CaregiverAsia!
Concerned about receiving opportunities as a freelance caregiver?
Fret not! You are off to a good start in your freelancing career with CaregiverAsia's Onboarding Package which comprises of professional indemnity insurance, professional photo taking and profile writing!
What's unique about CaregiverAsia's Onboarding Package?
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: The professional indemnity insurance is offered to CaregiverAsia's freelance caregivers in collaboration with Great Eastern. Throughout their course of duty, caregivers may encounter unforeseen circumstances that may render them liable. The professional indemnity insurance covers caregivers for up to $100,000 for claims made against them by their clients, as well as expenses incurred in the settlement of legal issues. With a financial safety net like this, you can provide care with peace of mind.
- Professional Photo Taking: As a freelance caregiver, your profile will be listed on our online platform, and it will be the main source of reference when clients are considering which caregiver to engage. By having a profile photo of you looking professional, confident and neat, clients will be more inclined to view your profile and engage your service.
- Profile Writing: An online profile is akin to having your resume up on display, except that it is more concise. How can you bring across your experience and expertise succinctly yet convince your clients to engage your service among other caregivers? Leave the profile writing to us! Simply provide us with the relevant details, and we will fill in the blanks for you!
What you will learn from the training:
- Hand hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Ambulating (with assistive devices)
- Transferring technique
- Showers and dressing up (bed bath, commode)
- Toileting (Bedpan, urinal)
- Perineal care (diaper changing, assessment of pressure ulcers)
- Oral care & feeding (choking risks)
What to expect in the training:
- Understand the significance of ADLs in the world of caregiving
- What types of ADLs care are needed in specific caregiving scenarios
- Practical Session: How to perform ADL care appropriately
Don't hesitate to attend this training if you are:
- Passionate in improving the daily routine of the elderly and being a good companion to them
- Someone who enjoy doing flexible work with short duration (a few hours)
- Available for home assignments
The speaker is an experienced nurse and educator since 2002. She is currently a Nursing lecturer at a local polytechnic, and is a mother of two kids.
Dates: 20th and 21st February 2020
Time: 10am to 12pm
Course fees: $40 (Inclusive of Onboarding Package) (full payment has to be made one week before commencement of the training to confirm your registration)
Venue: 250 Sims Avenue, Singapore 387513 (Nearest MRT: Aljunied)
As the class can accommodate a maximum of 20 participants, be quick to register before seats are fully reserved!